Some of the Top Online College Degrees for 2015
Online higher education is definitely the wave of the future. Some of the top online college degrees for 2015 include business and healthcare fields of study. Criminal justice and administrative degrees are also very popular.
Who typically looks for an online college degree? Basically, an online college education is different from the traditional brick and mortar college education as you take all your courses online at your computer, over the phone with a professor or advisor, or your smartphone or tablet.
Brick and mortar colleges do have that “college atmosphere,” such as frat houses, college parties, youth, and all else which goes with the traditional college life. Though online colleges lack that lively atmosphere, it does allow you to do your course work at your own pace, with many online colleges and universities offering a single class per semester program, which allows you to focus only on one course at a time. This type of schedule is ideal for older students, who are looking for a career to replace the dead-end job they currently have or busy parents who need to juggle child care, work, and other family life with school.
Top five online college degrees according to Online University Tips are basically the types of degrees most employers are looking for. These are also degrees offered by most online degree programs of most of the prominent online universities. These online degrees are listed below.
- Business is by far the most popular degree program and is offered by most of the biggest online universities, such as DeVry, University of Phoenix, and others. Under business, many online colleges offer a wide variety of degree programs for associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and even doctoral degrees in Business Administration, Accounting, Business Management, Human Resources, and Entrepreneurialism.
- Healthcare Administration is also about just as popular as business degrees. Most of the above mentioned schools offer a great number of online degrees in Healthcare Administration, which include the subcategories of Medical Billing, Healthcare Management, and other related fields of study. Most students who go into Healthcare Administration usually get management jobs at medical practices, hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies.
- Criminal Justice is another large degree as many law enforcement bodies are looking for promising people in their departments. Some colleges offer online courses for Criminal Justice in the subcategories of Homeland Security, Cyber Security, Network Security, Cyber Forensics, and Public Safety. One note about criminal justice programs, some universities offer part of it online and part of it has to be taken in a traditional brick and mortar college. You want to make sure your online credits will transfer over if you have to continue in a brick and mortar college setting.
- IT Technology is a very popular degree and many schools offer courses in IT online. IT technology is used in many businesses and those with a degree in IT do get some amazing salaries. Under and IT degree program, most online colleges offer the subcategories of Networking, Data Processing, and more.
- Education is also a popular program among many online colleges and universities. These programs offer primarily degrees for education in the healthcare fields, or other professional or administrative fields. Some schools also offer general education degrees online to train people to be teachers in grade and high schools.
These five degree programs are the ones which are estimated to land students with the best careers after completing their course work online.